Friday, November 2, 2012

Thankful Day 2

This is Day 2 of my vow to blog every single day in November and say one thing I'm thankful for. I really try to be thankful at all times, not just in the month of the November. But, I feel like this is a good time to actually write it down and remind myself of all the blessings in life.

I'm not going to be one of those gals who claim life is rainbows and unicorns all the time. That ain't my style, and despite the status updates I see on Facebook, I'm convinced nobody else's life is perfect 100% of the time. Sometimes my job sucks. Sometimes I can't stand my husband/mother/boss/friend/child for one more second. Sometimes I dream about running away to an island where no one knows my name, no one expects me to do laundry, and everyone knows my favorite drink should be served in a coconut.

Everybody has bad days, and everybody gets a little frustrated sometimes. The point is this: Even in those times, I strive to be thankful. You have to have the bad days to really appreciate those good ones. And the good ones always outnumber the bad ones.

So with that being said, today I am thankful for a healthy family. H, Charlotte, and my parents are the most important people in my life, and they are all chugging along just fine. Except for the occasional runny nose or runny butt, we are in fine form. I don't think I'm a strong enough person to handle a major illness or health crisis, and Lord knows my household couldn't function without me so I HAVE to stay healthy!



No comments:

Post a Comment