Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Politics As Usual

I have somehow managed to keep my political rants and tirades off The Facebooks. I'm somewhat amazed at that little fact. I guess seeing everyone else's rants and tirades makes me want to slit my wrists with a rusty butterknife, so I've spared everyone the chore of having to scroll past my opinions.

But, this is MY blog, and I feel like most of you (hopefully) check in here occasionally to see if I have some sort of funny revelation, story, or happenings pertaining to absolutely nothing of much importance. And since most of you are here by choice, I don't feel quite so badly about ranting and tirading.

No, I'm not happy with the main outcome of the election. But, at the same time, I don't believe ONE LITTLE BIT that the country is now going to hell in a handbasket. This country is what we make it, and as long as there are people out there willing to work hard and help a neighbor, I think we're gonna be alright. And honestly, I don't really know if my candidate could have done any better. These are difficult, complicated times we are in and everybody can play Monday Morning Quarterback all they want, but the bottom line is that there is no way to know what will and won't work until we try it.

In the end, I think Obama has done some good things. But I also think he should be doing more. Instead of bashing our leader and joining the arguments that are dividing our nation, I'm choosing to be positive and trusting in my own strengths to carry me through the next four years. And the next fifty, for that matter. I refuse to give up on the greatest country in the world. I refuse to believe life as we know it is over. I refuse to let go of my pride and get in line.

I will say this, and it would no doubt anger quite a few folks:

Since when did EVERYONE I know become so damn interested in politics?!?! I bet the majority of the people I see spewing left- and right-wing agenda crap don't know diddly squat about the political scene in this country. I want to call each of them up and ask the following questions:

1.) Can you name more than two of the articles in the Bill of Rights?
2.) Do you know the names of our VP and Secretary of State?
3.) Can you explain Romney's 5 Point Plan?
4.) Can you explain the electoral college vote?

I don't have to ask. I know the answer. And please don't misunderstand me because I'm not claiming everyone should know everything there is to know about politicals. I sure as heck don't. It's too murky and twisted and devious for any half-way decent person to fully grasp.

I guess I'm just saying please, please, please don't base your thoughts and opinions on what a friend on Facebook says or posts. Go out, do your own research (from multiple sources, I might add) and discover your OWN opinion. Newsflash: Everyone has their own agenda. And not everything you read and see on the internet is real.

Onward and upward (hopefully), free cell phone and all,
TDC

1 comment: