Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ode to H

I hate blogs that brag on and on about how wonderful life is. It kind of makes me throw up in my mouth because I know darn good and well that life isn't always butterflies and chocolate heart-shaped candies. The real world is not so nice--it's full of bills. And let me tell you, if you're not familiar with bills, they SUCK. I wasn't really familiar with bills until I graduated college, and then life served me a big 'ol plate of hot, steamin' reality. It was terrible, and it certainly didn't taste like chicken.

I got a job, got married, bought a house....all the things a young adult is supposed to do. And even though there have been a few road blocks in our professional lives throughout the past few years, things are finally starting to fall together. (I hope, at least! If you're superstitious type, now would be the time to knock on wood or rub your lucky rabbit's foot for me!)

Thankfully the past has taught me some VERY valuable lessons. Albeit, ones that I sometimes wished I could have learned by watching them happen to someone else, but that wasn't God's plan. After the bumps along the road, it makes me even happier that I have H as the ultimate partner-in-crime.

He doesn't shower me with flowers and surprises. Getting him to take out the trash without being told is a miracle. He can't close a cabinet door to save his life, and sometimes I have to remind him to clip his toenails. But he cleans up good....


And he makes me laugh, which is much more powerful than gold in my book. He gets my jokes and my sick sense of humor. He let me adopt a mutt. He thinks a big booty is sexy. He loves my friends. Most of all--He loves me.

In my life there is no such thing as perfect. Dirty clothes are always piled up, there is dog hair on my floor, and there is always another bill. In my life, the only surprises I get from my husband usually involve some degree of nudity (see The Pants Game).
And overall, I'm blessed beyond compare and wouldn't trade him for anything in the world.























1 comment:

  1. Awww I love you guys. And I seriously laughed out loud at "a steamin plate of reality."

    You're right. No one's life is perfect - and they are LYING if they tell you it is!

    ReplyDelete