Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Busy Busy Busy

It's been a busy, sad, busy, stressful, happy, and busy fast few weeks. Did I mention we've been busy?

First things first, we are in the heart of the Carnival Season. In other words...It's time for Mardi Gras, ya'll! There is something exciting in the air when you first start seeing those barricades go up along Broad and Government Streets downtown. Last year's straggling beads that still remain in the oak tree are just begging for company. Street vendors are setting up their signs and plastic display of funnel cakes. The local radio station starts playing anything with a trombone, and everyone who's anyone knows it's time to take those formals and tails to the cleaners.

Speaking of formals and tails....we need some help keeping up with our crap. Last year H couldn't find his tuxedo pants. I was pissed because he only realized it about 2 hours BEFORE we needed to leave the house for the parade and ball. Plus, who is the heck loses a pair of pants!?!?! The only silver lining was him getting felt up by a very amorous gay man at the tuxedo shop. Hahaha! So anyway, I gave him such a hard time and lo and behold...I couldn't find my dress this year when I went to wrangle up our attire to take to the dry cleaners.

Who loses a formal dress!?!?! It's not like I'm Lady Gaga with a plethora of floor-length Givency haute-couture gowns in my closet. To make a short story long, I finally found it in the bottom of my dry cleaning bag that I was supposed to drop off last year. Oops. Thankfully Dillards let me return my new dress so no harm no foul.

Other random thoughts throughout the past few weeks:

1.) Has anyone else been watching Downton Abbey? Oh. My. Word. This show is SO good it makes me want to move to England, marry someone with a title, and speak with a British accent like Madonna. The sadness of the past two episodes was about to do me in, though. I don't want to spoil it for you, but just beware that tissues will probably be a necessity.

2.) Teen Mom 2 - Is it just me or has that poor little girl Chelsea been trying to get her GED for like, 6 years now? She could be a doctor at this point!

3.) I'm also convinced that Mississippi and Alabama are totally getting a bad rap. I've caught quite a few new television shows recently that take place in West Virginia, and can I just say...Yikes. Alabama folks always say, 'Thank God for Mississippi!", but it looks to me like Mississippians should be saying, "Thank God for West Virginia and at least we don't live in a Holler!"

4.) Work stresses me out. The end.

5.) We got to see my parents quite a bit over the past week. It's always nice when they visit because I finally get a little bit of a break. It's really tough when you have to work 8 hours a day, then come home to your other job. Between working, cleaning, taking care of a 1.5 year old BUSY gal, cooking, laundry, running errands, etc, etc, etc....there needs to be about 2 more mes to get it all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment