Monday, December 10, 2012

All Partied Out

I absolutely love this time of year. People are nicer, homes and businesses are prettier, and things just smell better in general. They don't call it "the most wonderful time of the year" for nothing!

One of the best things about the holiday season is the parties. I must admit, I love any excuse to dress up and be festive, but holiday parties are just the best. Everyone, even adults, just seem more excited and happy. I'm not sure if it's because of the impending surprises under the tree, the promise of the new year ahead, or the wonderous celebration of Jesus's birth. For me, it's a combination of all those things as well as the time to spend with family and friends I seldom see.

Pardon all this cheese.....It's just a joyous time of the year!

Friday night we had our annual Progressive Dinner on our street. It's definitely one of the best nights to live in Midtown, more specifically on N. Reed. We start with the cocktail course, then move along to a different house for each course (cocktails, appetizers, dinner, and dessert). I love the Progressive Dinner because it's a lot more intimate than the street party so everyone gets a chance to know each other a little better.

The food ain't too shabby, either.

And I consider this year a HUGE success for two reasons: A) I did not have to host anything at my house and 2.) I did not end the evening in the middle of the street in my bathrobe trying to help clean up the last course.

Saturday night we had H's work party at The Battlehouse. I LOVE this hotel! I always feel a little extra fancy going to a party here, even if it is only 5 minutes from my house. The party was really nice with great food and nice coworkers. I really enjoyed meeting all of the folks my husband talks about so much. They all seemed to think pretty highly of him, too, so that's always a nice little bonus.


My parents were in town to watch Charlotte while we maintained our social calendars, and I think they all had a great time, too! I feel like I say this a lot, but it just can't be said enough that I am THE LUCKIEST gal in the world to have such wonderful parents who have in turn become such wonderful grandparents. I never expected any different, but it's such a blessing in our lives.

They took her to the Bass Pro Shop, where she learned to drive an ATV and apparently discovered a deep love for waterfalls. Totally my child. Charlotte is absolutely smitten with her PawPaw now so everyone else basically just disappears as background noise when he's around.

Sorry Mom - you know you'll come back in style as she starts wanting you to buy her things! I have a feeling she will be like me so her love can be bought. Haha!






No comments:

Post a Comment