Monday, March 12, 2012

A Photo Session (Finally!)

Charlotte, Charlie, Lois, and I made the long trek home to Kinston this past weekend. H had to work all weekend so we decided to get out of town for a little while and escape what would have been a very boring and LONG two days.

Instead we spent a wonderful weekend with my parents! (Aka "Mimi" and "Granddaddy")

Our main purpose for the trip was because Charlotte had a photo shoot on Saturday with Hannah Seay Photography. Let me be the first to admit it...I am a terrible mother. She is my first child and the light of my life, yet I have never had any professional portraits made of her. Epic fail. Professional photography is just so expensive these days! Plus it has been really difficult to find the time to have some made. I know, I know...my excuses are terrible. I just couldn't bear the thought of having some cheesy/trailer-park photos made at Sears or Walmart where the lighting is godawful and the background is straight out of 1987. (Because that's really all we can afford) I would rather just have the regular ones I have taken with my camera.

But ya'll. Hannah Seay Photography was such a wonderful experience I'm wishing I would have done it 5 months ago! I haven't even seen the finished, edited project but the first shots just off her camera were enough to get me excited! First of all, she had live bunnies. You can't lose when you've got live bunnies. Add my adorable Boopsy in her pink smocked Easter dress with those live bunnies and you've got more cuteness than you can handle!



She obviously hasn't been to wardrobe yet, but you can see the excitement in her face. I was really worried for the bunny's welfare because I know she gets to be "Little Miss Grabby Hands" when it comes to the dogs, but she was (thankfully) a little hesitant. She loved them in the cage. She loved them from her viewpoint in my arms. But once it was just her and the bunny, she wasn't quite sure she was a fan.

Fortunately she did not let her fear ruin the shoot. Total professionalism, even from the smallest member of our family. Take note, Bravo! I'm still waiting on my reality series contract.

After the photo session, my mom, dad, and I took Charlotte to the park for a lovely afternoon walk. That kind of weather makes me thankful I live in South Alabama.

Please remind me of this statement about mid-July when my hair has been frizzy and curly for a month straight and I have boob sweat.


All in all, it was a great weekend that just went by way too quick! If you're in the market for photos, I highly recommend Hannah Seay Photography. She is a wonderful, sweet, reasonably-priced professional photographer located in Enterprise, Alabama. I just can't say enough nice things about her or her work! It truly takes an artist to take good photos, and Hannah is certainly that! If you need any kind of photographs-wedding, senior portraits, family, etc-please give her a call or check out her stuff on her website at http://www.hannahseayphotography.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment